Monday, November 19, 2007

Mobius Band release "Heaven"



So, tonight I can't sleep. I'm watching the ceiling and letting thoughts spin around with no direction. I turned for my ibook and threw on recently released album "Heaven" by Brooklyn, USA group Mobius Band. Appropriate sounds for such contemplative moments. Full of off-kilter but friendly songs of hooky vocals, immaculate structures that change-and-add-and take away just at the right moment (listen and you might know what I mean). They're supplemented with interesting and quirky electronic bits and pieces.

MB's last album "The Sound of Static" was a household staple for summer afternoons with beers and friends or lemonade and ice creams. This new release on Ghostly, has similarly feel-good and introspective offerings. Loving it. Maybe I can sleep now.

Mobius Band Myspace

Mobius Band - Friends Like These
Mobius Band - Hallie

No comments: