Sunday, February 3, 2008

HERE WE CHIPS



Well, I was able to get my hands on a copy of the new Hot Chip album "Made in the Dark" a few days ago, and going into my first listen with high hopes they didn't let me down. Since then, I've been able to listen to it all the way through a few times, each time at different periods of the day and in different moods, and on each occasion different songs stood out to me.

It's that kind of album. Much like their album "The Warning", and most of their back catalogue of tunes and remixes, Made in the Dark is brilliantly diverse. There are fun happy dance tracks, melancholy ballads, straight up rock tunes, and even a few which just change completely mid way through almost as if it's two or three different songs mashed together. That's what I love about Hot Chip, they're are so unpredictable, but they carry a sound which is so distinguishable at the same time.

Below I've posted my fave tracks off the album, but these will probably change the more I listen.

Hot Chip - One Pure Thought
(YSI)


Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor (YSI)

I was able to catch these guys at Splendour in the Grass last year and they were fucking amazing live. I will certainly be attending their shows next time they grace our shores which, fingers crossed, isn't far away... Meanwhile, do yourself a favour, the new album is available to buy at Amazon.




Ever drunk Baileys out of a shoe

No comments: