Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FRENCH MIAMI

I know what you're thinking, it sounds like a teen pop electro group, but don't be put off by the name. This 3 piece out of San Fransisco has a raw post-punk feel to their tunes which draws comparisons from a bands like These New Puritans, fellow San Franners The Fucking Champs and even Joy Division (singer Jason Heiselmann's vocals sound remarkably like Ian Curtis in many of their tracks).

I hear their live performnces are amazing with both front-men switching between guitars and synths (sometimes both at the same time!) throughout their set, but I'm yet to see a live show as the band is yet to really create much of a following in Aus, but I think this band is definitely one to keep an ear out for.

Below I've posted my favourite track of their debut, self-titled album which is available to buy on iTunes.

French Miami - Science Fiction
(Zshare)

French Miami Myspace



Join the NUDE revolution

No comments: